We had a visit with the nurse at Dr. Elahee's today. We've been concerned because the spitting up hasn't gotten any better and we're still on the two meds. They wanted to weigh her to make sure she was tracking and gaining weight. We got there, stripped her down and she went from 10.6 lbs to 11.0 lbs. That's roughly an ounce a day and that's exactly on target for a baby her age. The doctor basically told me that some babies just have a reflux problem that even the meds don't fix. She said there is a sphincter between her stomach and esophagus that just isn't staying closed yet like it should. In time, it will strengthen and stay closed. Until then, we keep having 5 wardrobe changes a day!!
Erin is super excited to see Pawpaw and Grandma tomorrow. It's been two whole weeks. I've texted them daily pictures, but I think they are counting down the seconds until they can hold her again. I'm sure there will be bickering over who gets to hold her first and for how long. I wouldn't be surprised if "Paper, Rock and Scissors" doesn't come into play.
Erin has really started smiling a lot. She's a very happy baby in the mornings. We get the most smiles then. She's cooing a lot too and when she smiles it seems like she's trying to giggle at the same time. It's just so cute. I think I text Tommy a smile picture just about every day. Most days he doesn't like to leave the house until she's given him a smile. It's amazing how that can just make your whole day!
Roxie is also glad they're coming home. Since Fritze has been gone our little Miss Priss has enjoyed being an only dog. Max has been here and it's really cutting into her alone time. He spends most of the day in her kennel. She's already told me we're going to have to wash the kennel linens to get the "boy" smell out of her house!!
No comments:
Post a Comment