Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lost and Found

Today was a good day at the Mize House.

For those of you who know Tommy well, you know he looses EVERYTHING. On a weekly basis his keys, phone, work phone, wallet and pocket knife are lost countless times. We will search the house, car, garage and 50 mile radius of the house. We always find them and they are usually in the most obscure places. His biggest loss to date is his ipod. It's been gone for about a year. He jokingly blames it on the maid every chance he gets. He always says Letty stole his ipod. I had written it off to having been left on the machine at the gym never to be seen again.

I'm not saying I never loose things. Case in point, my Ironman watch has been missing for months. I love that watch. I lost it the weekend we went to South Shore Harbor, so I assumed I accidentally left it there.

Surprise! We found the missing ipod and watch today. They were actually together!!! Who would have thought it.

I got the cleaning bug today and cleaned out the kitchen cabinets, pantry and junk drawer! Ta-da. There they were, laying in the junk drawer. The best part is that we have both looked in that drawer for the ipod and the watch about 1,000 times. And, we use that drawer daily. Neither one of us ever saw them. The ipod was buried under the pens and pencils in a little container and the watch was tangled in my old phone charger cord.

The down side is that we had already replaced both of them. I got Tom a new ipod for his birthday or Valentine's Day or something. I bought myself a new watch because I just couldn't be without the Ironman.

I'm not sure if I'm more happy that we found our stuff or worried that we lost them in the first place and were looking right at them for months. It doesn't bode well for Erin. We might lose her one day, but I guess on the bright side, we'll find her again eventually!!

No comments:

Post a Comment