I'm a nervous wreck today. We decided to have Roxie's teeth cleaned. They have to put her under to do it. (I'm thinking they should have given me a sedative too!)
The vet has been on us for years to have it done. Tommy thinks it's crazy to have a dog's teeth cleaned. The country boy in him comes out and I really can't blame him. It isn't exactly the most practical thing we could do. But...
Her last check up showed some elevated liver enzymes and Dr. Cole told me it was because of her teeth. They really are pretty bad. When she had her little spell earlier this month I decided to have her teeth cleaned. I have no doubt she's in pain because of the infections. So, they are putting her under to clean her choppers. Not that I didn't trust Dr. Cole, but I called my old Vidor vet, Dr. McGowan, for her advice. She told me to suck it up and do it. She said Roxie is getting sick from the bacteria and infection she was swollowing. So, we did it.
We pick her up at 4:30 this afternoon. Next week we'll sign her up for a bikini waxing and some blond highlights in her beard to go with her new whiter teeth.
All kidding aside, I'm praying that all goes well. She's my Rock-Star!
Angela
ReplyDeleteWe just had skippers cleaned for the first time too.. I was in a state of panic when they never called me afterwards to update me. He was fine and his teeth looked wonderful. Unfortunately it still smells like he has ate a whole bag of rotten shrimp!
Leeza
Thanks Leeza. Skipper must be 101 by now! Glad to know the old boy is still kickin' it.
ReplyDeleteI want to be there for the bikini wax...lol
ReplyDelete