Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Roxie Report - Good News!!

Had to take the big girl to the vet yesterday. She had blood work done and got an anti-biotic shot. The vet called today and spoke to Tommy. (This is always for the best when they talk to him instead of me. I dwell on the negative and always think the worst. I get upset in general when I talk to the vet and end up crying.)

Dr. Cole said the blood work came back better then it was when she had her check up a few months ago. This is very good news!! They don't really know what was wrong with her. His best guess is an abscess tooth. The anti-biotic shot seems to have worked. On Dr.'s orders last night I cooked her boiled chicken and rice. She ate like a prisoner and begged for more. The doctor told Tommy to add her food back into the chicken mixture to get her back on dog food again. We're suppose to watch her and if she goes "anorexic" again, we're suppose to call them.

I've attached a picture of her. You can see she's very stressed out about life right now. :) The funny part of this picture isn't Roxie laying all sprawled out. It's the fact that she's on the floor!! She almost NEVER sleeps on the floor. Dogs do that, not queens! She's usually in one of the living room chairs holding court.

Also (not pictured, but just as relaxed on the couch) is Max. He's our guest for the next two weeks. Momma and Daddy went to WA and Max is staying with us. I didn't think it was possible for a dog to be more spoiled then Roxie, but I stand corrected. Max is the most spoiled dog in the world. I don't think he's figured out yet that Grandma and Pawpaw are spoiling Erin more than him.


No comments:

Post a Comment