I know it sounds like a really bad title for a country and western song, but we had Christmas in the Country yesterday. It's the Wistner year to have us on the actual holiday, so we went up yesterday to celebrate an early Mize Christmas.
As usual, there was enough food for an army. The kiddos got to see the new cows for the first time. They each got to pick one out and name her. I took the liberty of naming the bull - Bullseye. We'll have to see if Louis keeps that name.
Jake picked his cow out first and said he was going to name her Natalie. We all laughed at that one. He decided about 10 minutes later that he wanted to change her name to London. It would seem that there are a Natalie and a London in his class and he's a little sweet on both of them. Luke went next and named his cow Sissy. Not sure where that came from since they don't know any Sissy's. (Okay they may know some sissys, but not the kind I'm talking about!)
Erin was the first to get there, but the last to pick out her cow. I helped her and I'm partial to the black bodied cows with white faces and black spots over their eyes and white spots in their ears. There was one just like that but Pa-in-Law said she was standoffish so we picked another one. Of course, we had to name her Cupcake III, but we're going to call her Tres. I forgot to get a picture of her. Duh!
The kids had a great time opening presents. Each one of them was pretty much thrilled with everything they opened. Granny saved the clothes for last and the only one interested in those was Steph and Momma. Erin looked at them and thanked Granny for each outfit I pulled out, but really wanted to get back to her toys. I think one of the biggest hits was the baby stroller Erin got. She pushed that thing around all over inside and out. She had already unwrapped two Minnie's so they immediately went into the stroller.
I told Tommy today that everyone knows Erin is obsessed with Minnie Mouse so they get her Minnie toys. There must be a million of them out there because of all the Minnie toys we've gotten, we haven't gotten a single duplicate! Go Team Minnie!
Here's a quick video of the kids saying Merry Christmas and the rest are still shots of the day. Warning, the video if short, but I'm loading a bunch of pictures in this post.
No comments:
Post a Comment