Sunday, December 30, 2012

Year In Review

I know everyone says this, but this year has really flown by.  I can't believe the progress Erin has made and the changes we've witnessed in her.  I do this year in review every year on the blog mainly so I can look back on it all.  I am truly blessed.

January -
- I had my surgery and went back to work half days for a while
- Erin turned 18 months and still lead the pack in height and weight
- Erin also started a new classroom at school

February -
- I turned 40 and was sick on my b/day with a head cold
- Tommy continued to run the household while I was recovering
- Tommy turned 38 - yes, I like younger men!

March -
- We got William!  Amy & Matt got their long awaited baby
- We had a party for William at our house to welcome him to the family
- Erin's school put on a Trike-a-thon to support St. Jude's

April -
- We celebrated Easter with Aunt Lolo in Minerva (baby William was there too!)
- Erin took her first ever school pictures and they turned out too funny
- We went to the Country and Erin climbed up on the roof and rolled down.  Being the good parents that we are we watched and laughed.
- Erin got her first modeling gig for Hard to Hold Photography

May -
- Daddy built Erin a kitchen tower to allow her to "help" at the kitchen counter
- Erin was in her first school production and sang "You Are My Sunshine"
- We went to Florida with almost the whole family

June - 
- Erin started gymnastics at the Little Gym
- I became a total slacker on the Blogging

July - 
- Erin got her first haircut.  We had bangs cut
- Erin turned 2 and had a huge party at the Little Gym
- At her 2 year check up the doctor predicts Erin will be 5'9"
- Roxie got diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure and we're told it will be fatal 

August - 
- Roxie responds well to the medications
- Tommy went back to his old job in Special Investigations
- Erin had surgery for tubes in her ears - she responded well to that also
- Erin and I attempted the 3 Day Potty Training Method and failed miserably

September -
- We converted Erin's crib into a Toddler bed
- Erin's crush on Minnie Mouse really picks up - she's our favorite
- Erin fell off of our really tall bed for the first time and did it in spectacular fashion

October -
- Erin continues her obsession with Minnie
- We have our first trip to the zoo (Erin loves the sea lions)
- Erin dressed up as Minnie Mouse for Halloween

November -
- I still stink at blogging
- I blogged from the car on the go for the first time with my ipad
- We had Thanksgiving in the Country and the kids ran around like crazy people
- I finished about 90% of my Christmas shopping BEFORE Thanksgiving

December -
- We got new cows to replace the old cows in the Country
- We had the Mize family gathering here and my office party - all went well
- We had Christmas here at home with the Wistner's and the lights went out ALL DAY!
- Erin got a lot of Minnie toys including a Minnie Mouse convertible VW Bug
- Erin spent NYE with my parents while we went to a party.


All in all - a good year.  This year I promise to do better on the blogging.  (Looking back I noticed what a slacker I was some months!)

Bring it on  2013 - the Mizes are ready



















No comments:

Post a Comment