Sunday, December 9, 2012

Welcome Sparkle Mize...

I broke down and bought an Elf on the Shelf.  They creep me out but they seem fun and all my friends say their kids love it.  So, we're starting the tradition.  Next year Sparkle Mize will join us right after Thanksgiving, but she got lost this year.

The skirt was sold separately, but we had to have it.  You're supposed to leave it out for her to find and put on at night before she goes to the North Pole to tell Santa if Erin was good.  I put it on her anyway since Erin wouldn't understand that this year.  Maybe next year.

The best part was when I went to buy her I was too concerned about getting the girl elf to realize they make a dark and light skinned version of the girl and the boy.  I got home and put Erin down for her nap so I could hang Sparkle and when I opened the box a Sister Elf was staring back at me.  Tommy just laughed at me.  So, back to Barnes and Noble I went to exchange her.  Of course the sales person was a black lady!!!  I said I accidentally bought the black one instead of the white one.  She just laughed and told me I didn't know I was buying one with a tan!!  Only me.



No comments:

Post a Comment