Monday, December 17, 2012

Something for Santa...

I have to work on Christmas Eve and then my family comes over for Christmas that night.  So, there is a better then good chance that Santa will not get homemade cookies.  But... he will have a homemade cookie plate.

Long story short, we were supposed to go paint pictures again at The Drunken Artist, but they went belly up.  So, a small group of us decided to go paint at the Mad Potter.  Amy and I both decided to paint cookie plates for Santa.  I haven't seen hers but it was very cute before it was fired in the kiln.  Can't wait to see it.  For those of you not from around here, The Mad Potter is a paint your own ceramics place.  You paint them and they fire them in the kiln and you pick them up a couple days later.

As for my work of art that night, you know you are your own worst critic.  With that being said, I think it came out cute.  I'm disappointed the letters aren't even, but it's hard to freehand on a star with wet paint on it!  Santa will understand I'm sure.  The other thing I did was forgot to put the date on the back.  Duh!  So, this blog will have to commemorate the fact that I painted "Cookies for Santa" in 2012.  The year will live on in infamy I'm sure.




I also painted a picture frame that says Merry Christmas with the intention of putting our Family Christmas Picture in it every year.  Or, I may just put that beautiful picture of Erin holding the ornament in front of the tree.  I wouldn't mind looking at that one every year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment