Why oh why do I have to have expensive hobbies?
I love photography and love my 50mm lens, but I've been looking at others too on the Best Buy website and I need another job to support my hobby. Erin is by far my favorite subject and I love that I'm capturing her childhood in such a great way. Not only do I take all these pictures, I can't make myself delete any but the really, really bad ones. I bought on line storage to make sure that they stayed backed up and to allow me to keep them ALL!
As I sit here typing this blog, I'm using my new wireless keyboard I got for my ipad. I hated the virtual keyboard on the ipad so I never used it for blogging... until now. See, even a "free" hobby like blogging ends up costing me in the long run. But, now I can blog from my bed or the car if I want to. What was I thinking saying it was free? I ran out of blog space weeks ago and had to start paying Google for the space. It was like $5.00 so it wasn't worth changing the blog name, but still not free.
And don't go feeling sorry for Tommy about now either...he is obsessed with BBQ and all things Weber related. I cannot begin to tell you the lengths to which he will go to for good brisket and ribs. The man is sold on Weber and I don't think anything will do now that he has found his brand. Let's not even go into the Hawaiian shirt collection hobby. It's too vast to merit much mention. If you know Tommy, you know he has an assorted collection of Hawaiian shirts for every occasion.
Not that either one of us complain about the other's hobby, but still, not free! I hold my breath to see what sort of hobby Erin comes up with. Our luck she'll want to collect rare and antique fire trucks or something. We'll end up having to build a garage in the backyard to house her vast collection.
That might work. I can take pictures of them and Tommy can start fires on the Webers that Erin can put out with her fire trucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment