Monday, August 16, 2010

Almost One Month...

Tomorrow will be our one month birthday. (You know I'm not getting out much if this is what I have to post about!)

We haven't established a routine yet. We do whatever we can to make it through the nights! We go back to the doctor next week and I'm going to ask about setting up a routine and feeding/sleeping schedule. As a new mom, I'm just not sure what we should and shouldn't be doing right now! It seems the internet and books are all full of contradictory advice. I think we'll see what the doctor says and go with that.

Our goal for this week is an outing in the stroller one evening. Our hiccup is the fact that we still have to wear the long sleeved clothes to pin her arm. I don't want her to get too hot, so I think we'll try it late one evening. I'm pretty sure we won't go far. If she likes it, we might have to make it a regular outing.

Last night we had a party for Grandma. She turned 65 yesterday. Tommy fried fish and shrimp and Amy made a cake. As usual, the food was excellent. Grandma and Pawpaw spent the night so Mommy and Daddy slept like the dead. We were both so tired that it was actually hard to go to sleep! We ended up laying in bed talking for about an hour before we fell asleep.

Erin was a good girl for the old folks. Grandma was able to sleep early in the evening and her and Pawpaw fell asleep in the recliner. Grandma got up to check on them a couple of times and they were both passed out. She's so sweet and such a snuggle bug when she's good and sleepy. And her grandparents NEVER put her down!!

Here's a picture of the real Erin Mize and then here's another picture of her chillin' in her swing.


No comments:

Post a Comment