Well, the three of us have hit the two week mark. I can't say it's been easy. The three of us are getting to know each other and it's been too soon to set up a routine. Maybe next week we'll start on that! A little "normal" would be a welcomed thing.
Colic has set in. It's early by normal standards, but I think we're an over-achiever. Every night just like clock work she cranks up at 10:00. She starts crying and you can see her in pain from the gas. It hurts us to watch her. I've modified my diet and we're giving her the Mylicon, but the doc says we just have to ride it out. Last night I put her in her swing and she was soothed for a little while. We put her in there before and she hated it. Things change. So, for now, the swing is our best friend.
I had a little set back last week. I started running fever and had to call my doctor. They got me in. They took blood and a urine sample. He narrowed it down to a uterine infection, appendicitis or urinary tract infection. He didn't think it was a uterine infection because the fever would come down with Motrin. The appendix was an option, but once I started taking the antibiotics for the UTI, the pain in my abdomen cleared up. So, they think in the end it was a UTI. I'm much better now. Infection was bound to happen with the long labor and stitches. Just glad that was all it was. The other two options would have landed me back in the hospital. They were super nice there, but I have no plans on going back!!
Right now, "Little E" as her Daddy calls her, is sitting in his lap. She looks so sweet and little when she sits there. Just melts my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment