Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What's Up Doc?

We went back to the pediatrician today. Erin got checked from head to toe again.

Here are her stats:

Weight: 10 lbs (75%)
Height: 22 inches (76%)
Head: 39 cm (90%)

Check out the big brain on Erin... No wonder we had a difficult birth with that big ol' noggin'.

They also x-rayed her collar bone. It's healing nicely, but we still have a little ways to go. I saw the x-ray and it's pretty clear on the break. We have more time in our make shift sling (pinning her arm to her body) and we go back for more x-rays later this month.

While we were there, Erin was spitting up as she normally does. Turns out, this is reflux. We got a Rx for Prevacid while we were there. We'll start that tonight and I was told I needed to completely cut out the Diet Dr. Pepper and Root Beer. I'm also suppose to stay away from dairy and chocolate. The things we do for our kids!!! I had been drinking a little 6 oz Diet D.P. a day, but was drinking more Root Beer because it doesn't have caffeine. Turns out the carbonation is not her friend.

We go back next Friday for her shots. We're doing them a little earlier then 8 weeks so she can be around her cousins. The pediatrician said not to have her around other kids, especially toddlers, until about a week after her shots. We're going to Centerville on 9/11 for the Mize's 40th Anniversary and we wanted to make sure it was safe to be around Luke and Jake. Tommy was able to go to this appointment with me today and we'll make sure he can go next week as well. I don't want to have to take her for her shots by myself!

Roxie said better Erin then her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment