Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy Friday

Another week down. Where have they gone? If I wasn't taking extended maternity time I would be getting ready to go back to work week after next. Yikes. That is just too soon!

Tommy's first week back went well. He was able to leave early in the mornings so he could get back to help out in the afternoons. Of course, that is when Erin gets cranky. I felt sorry for him. He would get home and she would get to crying. He didn't get much time with the sweet Erin this week.

I was commenting on a schedule and then Little E turns around and kind of puts herself on one. We still eat when we're hungry (anywhere from 2 to 4 hours) but I think we're getting a routine for night time down. She cries until 10:30 or 11:00 then settles down for a little while. I've been giving her a bottle around this time and that seems to last her for a while. I set my alarm for 4 hours after she goes down and I get up and feed her again. Sometimes I have to wake her up, other times she lets me know. I feed her in the middle of the night, pump and go back to bed. We sleep again for a while and do the same thing.

Some days we're able to go back to bed after the 6:00 - 7:00 am feeding, but not everyday. Today I figured out I can get a quick shower in while she sleeps in the morning, if I'm fast. She likes the blow dryer, so that wasn't a problem. I had been waiting for Tommy to get home and showering at night, but she so fussy I feel bad for leaving him with her. I feel like we handle it better as a team during those hours. I just put her in her bouncy chair and looked like Flash Gordon in the shower.

Tomorrow we have a big day. Grandpa and Granny are coming in from the country and then Pawpaw and Grandma are coming over to stay with Erin while we go out to eat and to the movies. They will spend the night as well and help with her during the night.

Sorry, Her Highness beckons again...

No comments:

Post a Comment