Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Year in Review - Three Mize Wrap up

2013 Year in Review

January:

·         I took a photography class and decided I was the new Annie Leibovitz.  I’ve managed to capture a lot of Erin’s life on film.
·         Max goes missing overnight and the family pulls together for search and rescue.  Tommy found him the next day at the Animal Shelter
·         Erin’s vocabulary explodes and she has full on conversations with us.  She says the funniest things and it’s hard to stay in parent mode and not laugh.

February:

·         Erin has some kind of spell that lands us in the ER.  They never figured out what it was, but she stopped doing it.  Very scary.
·         Erin moved up a class in school because she was getting bored in the old class.  She loves the new teachers, Ms. Doe and Ms. Amanda.
·         It was “Bring a Friend” Day at the Little Gym so Erin took her best friend Avery.
·         Erin develops a “crush” on Ethan at school.  It’s her first crush!
·         It was Go Texan week and Erin dressed up in her best cowgirl/boots outfit – Mommy and Daddy saw George Strait in his farewell performance at Reliant.  It was incredible.
·         Roxie lost her battle with a heart complication.  It was terrible.  RIP Roxie Anne Mize.  You are missed every day.

March:

·         We bought a new puppy and Erin named her Mae.  She is very, very energetic!  Erin picked out her name.

April:

·         We had Easter at the Ranch with Aunt Lolo and the Ammerman crew.  We took bluebonnet pictures and the kids had a blast hunting Easter eggs.
·         It was the St. Jude Trike-a-Thon at Erin’s school.  She raised $450 dollars
·         Erin took school pictures and the turned out great.  I bought all 3 poses!
·         We celebrated Easter in the County with Granny and Pepaw.  Granny bought the kids the cutest ever swings and they all picked one and made it their own.  (No fights either!)  Every time we go back they get on their “assigned” swings.  No fuss, no muss!

May:

·         Tommy and I went to see Jimmie Buffet in Dallas.  It was freezing!  But like any good Parrotheads, we bundled up and sang along.
·         Mae had her girlie surgery.  She had to wear the E-collar for 2 weeks!
·         I took another photography class and learned way more than I did in the first one.  Now I am truly a professional! LOL
·         We bought Erin a “big girl bed” and moved her out of her toddler bed.  I went crazy with the Minnie decorations and did her bedroom and bathroom together.  Turned out super cute.  I put it on Pinterest and it’s exploded with the number of strangers repining my pin! 

June:

·         We attempted potty training again and this time it stuck.  She did super!
·         Tommy and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary and took a cruise while Erin stayed with Gram and Pawpaw.
·         Erin started swim lessons, she caught on very quickly and loves the water

July:

·         We celebrated the 4th of July with a family party at our house and Erin and William are caught on tape singing “Happy Birthday Dear America”.
·         Erin turned 3 and had 2 parties.  One was just family on her actual birthday and the next week she had her big party with all her friends and family at the Little Gym.  She loved it!
·         Erin gets a trampoline for her birthday.  Fun for the whole family

August:

·         Erin has her first ever dentist appointment and does super great.  We got a super report too.
·         Bailey spent the week with us while Mark and Steph were in FL.  Mae had blast, but Bailey went home very, very tired.  Puppies are hard work!
·         We took a family vacation to Florida again this year.  Erin did great on the drive.  She watched movies and didn’t complain at all about being in her seat for so long.  She loves the water and had a great time at the beach and in the pool at the house we rented.  Mae stayed with Bailey and wore her out again.
·         Like any good stage mom, I started Erin in ballet.  I am more excited then she is.

September:

·         We started “Treasure Box” to get Erin to poop on the potty.  She’s had the tinkling down for a while but had trouble getting the poop mastered.
·         We took a mini-vacation to Sea World with Gram, Pawpaw, William, Aunt Mimi and Uncle Matt.  The kids a terrific time and we plan on making it an annual trip.
·         I went to my first ever Texans game.  The won in the last minutes of the game.  It was exciting.
·         Erin started a new class at school and they have a color system of Red, Orange and Green for bad, okay and good.  Erin has a streak on red. 

October:

·         I decided to go high tech and I developed a family website and bought the domain name www.threemizes.com.  Very impressive. 
·         Mae bites a man while we were on our walk today.  In her defense he did come up behind us and scare us both and it was 4:30 in the morning and very dark.
·         We had our Christmas lights hung because if we did it before 11/1 it was 20% cheaper.  Ho Ho Ho
·         Mae continues to destroy every toy she has and anything that is left laying around.
·         Erin is a Glitter Witch for Halloween 

November:

·         We washed up in ballet.  She got to where she didn’t want to go so we didn’t want to force her into it.  We let her quit.
·         I taught myself to knit and now I have a new hobby.  It’s amazing what you can teach yourself with a step by step book and Youtube.
·         We went to Santa’s Wonderland in College Station with the Ammerman crew and Gram and Pawpaw.  It was so much fun!
·         We had Thanksgiving at our house and had a huge crew over here.  It was perfect. 
·         Erin refuses to wear anything but her pink star glitter boots.
·         The Christmas tree goes up

December:

·         Sparkle is back this year and continues to delight Erin with her daily escapades.
·         Gram, Aunt Steph, Jake, and Luke go with us to the Polar Express train in East Texas.  It was so much fun to see the kids have such a great time.  Thanks Granny!
·         The 3 of us decorated giant Gingerbread Men and Erin get the decorating bug and we end up decorating Christmas cookies about 6 more times!
·         We have 4 separate Christmases.  (Christmas in the Country, W.A.M. Christmas, Christmas at home with just us, and the Mize/Wiseman Christmas)  Erin is still asking when she can open more presents. 

Looking back on this year, I know that I am truly blessed.  It was another year with family and friends and especially Erin in our lives to keep us smiling.  I have a want/wish list as long as my leg most of the time, but when I stop and think, I know that I have everything I need.  I have my health, my house, plenty of food to eat (too much), great friends, and of course my family.  They are the most important thing to me!  I also have a relationship with God and I thank him every day for how much he has blessed this little girl from Vidor, Texas.

May each and every one of you have a great New Year! 

Hello 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment