Erin stays with my parent's at least once a week. My parents feel robbed if Erin hasn't gotten to spend the night at least once a week! Believe me, I hear about it!!!
On Wednesday, William -a.k.a. Billy the Kid- spent the night with them and they wanted to take them to the Children's Museum. They called to see if Erin could skip school and spend the day with them. I said sure so they took both kids to the museum for a puppet show and to play. (Photos not included...) Erin told me she liked playing with Billy the Kid while he was there, and she had "so much fun" at the museum.
Last night Billy the Kid had gone home, and I went to get Erin after work. I walked in the door and she greeted me with "I stay at Pawpaw's house". No hello, no I love you...just that she wanted to stay the night with Gram and Pawpaw. I looked at my parents and they both had these angelic please let her stay faces. So, Erin spent the night last night and will be skipping school 2 days in a row!
The only problem I have, and it's really not a problem, is she waits until I get all the way to their house before she tells us she wants to spend the night! She's done this once before and I let her stay 2 nights in a row one weekend, so I think I set the precedent. We miss her when she's not here and the house seems empty and too quiet, but we both know that it's important for her to have a good relationship with her grandparents. And obviously, Erin loves to go over there.
Another reason I let her stay is that we're going to the country this weekend to take the Polar Express train with Granny, Jake, Luke and Aunt Steph. We'll be leaving early Saturday and getting back late, so she won't get to spend the night with my parents. It should be a lot of fun. The boys did it last year with Granny but I thought Erin was too young to understand. This year we've been watching the movie and telling her she'll get to ride the train like the kids in the movie this weekend. She's very excited. (Pics on that to follow...)
No comments:
Post a Comment