Years ago I bought a Fisher Price Advent calendar as Christmas decoration. It was before Erin, but I thought it was too cute. I bought it even w/o a kiddo. I'm so glad did.
This year, Erin is really into the calendar. She reminds me every morning that we need to add a day. I've been teaching her that Baby Jesus goes in the middle and every day we have a little lesson about the countdown to Jesus's birthday.
Not only is the calendar cute, but Erin's decision process on where to place the day's character is great too. She really thinks it through and has to find just the right spot for the animals and shepherds. I've taught her that the angels go on top and the place in the middle is especially for baby Jesus. She reminds me every morning that the spot in the middle is for Jesus.
BTW, this is a religious Advent calendar with a scene from the night of Jesus's birth in the manger. It's got animals and shepherds, and of course the angels and wise men. They're all Fisher Price looking Little People and it's super cute. It's made of padded nylon and Velcro so the kids can easily put it up. (I highly recommend this for my friends with little kids!)
I took this picture before Erin came downstairs. As soon as we found Sparkle, we changed the calendar!
No comments:
Post a Comment