Monday, December 9, 2013

You Can't Catch Me, I'm the Gingerbread Man...

Okay remember the nursery rhyme?  We caught the gingerbread man yesterday.  It was cold and gray here all day so I went to the store and bought us a Gingerbread Man decorating kit.  I had seen them before and thought I might pick one up and never did.  With the weather so gray and yucky, it seemed like the perfect day to try it.

Erin loved it.  The packet had 3 giant gingerbread men in it so we all got to decorate one.  Of course, I bought additional red and green icing because I wanted them to super festive.  We didn't know if Erin would like it, but we were wrong, she loved it. 

She sat there the whole time without getting up and concentrated on every last detail of her gingerbread man.  (For those of you who know her, you know this is a miracle.  She NEVER sits still through a whole activity!)  She did all of it herself with absolutely no help from us.  We offered the help and were immediately shot down.

All in all, it turned out to be a very fun activity and one I can see us doing again next year.  Erin had such a great time doing it and we loved watching her have fun. 

The fireplace was on and Daddy even played Christmas carols on his phone while we decorated!

The 2nd best part was licking your fingers while you decorated.  Yum.  I love frosting.  There would have been more candy decorations but Erin liked those!  Tommy decided to be the first to sample his finished product, but not before I managed to take a few pictures of our efforts...



Eating the finished product

 
The Usual Suspects
 
 

 
Erin's Gingerbread Man
 

Proud Papa 


Show Off
 

The was the best smile we could get out of her when
the camera was on her.
 

Master Decorator
 

Proud Momma
 
 

Sneaking candy off of Daddy's GB Man
 

Reaching for more snacks
 

This requires full concentration
 

Very steady hand
 

I caught this cute moment of him
watching her, how sweet!
 
Daddy's G-man
 

Erin's G-man
 

Momma's - notice the nifty vest I gave him...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment