I have all the old Christmas card pictures we've taken over the years in frames. The problem was they were all different frames and it drove my OCD mind crazy.
I took on yet another project and painted new frames. I went all the way to 2016 with them. I painted the year on them and set them in the art niche by our stairs. They look great. Next year I'll have to put another coat of paint on them because they need it, but I ran out of gas this year. Or, I may just take sandpaper to them and give them the rustic vintage look that my MIL would love.
I had the newest in the middle and the years going out from there. Tommy must have thought it needed to be in descending order because I noticed this morning that they are chronological from oldest to newest. It appears I'm not the only one in the house with OCD.
We didn't take one in 2003, the year we got married, and we skipped 2007 because we moved that year on December 21st and didn't even put up a tree. Tommy had a great idea, I have a picture of us standing in front of the "sold" sign. He suggested I put it in the frame so we can remember. He's pretty sharp that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment