Well, the tree is down and all the inside decorations have been put away. I was relieved and sad at the same time to have it all done. We left the outside lights up until 1/1/2014. We pay the guys to put them up and then they come and take them down. They probably won't get to us until the middle of January, so we left the outside lights we put up going too. It's still very festive on our road. Most everyone still has them out. Of course we won't light them up after the 31st!
We had the last of our Christmas parties on Saturday. It was the Mize/Wiseman party at Tommy's cousin's house. They live right outside Madisonville on some land and have plenty of room for the kids to run around. Of course, Erin followed Jake and Luke everywhere they went. One of Tommy's 2nd cousins acted like a little babysitter for us. Morgan loves kids and Erin and Luke really took to her. Jake is old enough to run around without constant supervision, but I felt like Erin needed to be watched. There was a lot to get into there!!!
Pepaw brought his guitar and him and Tommy's cousin Jay sat out there and strummed. The kids were fascinated. Especially Luke. He and Erin took turns strumming on the guitar while Pepaw supervised. I'm sure that poor guitar will never be the same. Luke took after the amp and twisted every knob and button on it too. Pepaw told me later that Luke found buttons he didn't know he had!!
We did the annual White Elephant gift exchange. You never know what you'll end up with. I got what I wanted. Steph brought a bracelet that matched the necklace I got for Christmas. I stole it from Tom's cousin Lori and no one stole it back from me! When the guys played, Tommy brought a little grill package that has been showing up for about 3 or 4 years now. It gets wrapped and passed around each Mize Christmas and comes back with the box in tact for the next year. I think Pepaw was the original bringer and we're not sure how he feels about having the gift that keeps on giving! It's sort of like a barbeque version of a fruitcake!
I forgot to get my camera out because I was too busy talking the whole time. We had a great day visiting with everyone. It's a shame we only get to see them once a year. We're all so busy that we don't seem to find the time during the year to get together, but I'm very glad we make the time at Christmas. (This year it ended up being the weekend after Christmas because of every one's schedules!) Tommy and I are going to try to have something in the Spring while it's still cool. It's too hot to have a summer shindig.
This year Sheree lined up a professional photographer to take group pictures. He was very patient because it was like herding cats. We were lucky that he was there so we got a family picture of just the 3 of us, but we also got one of all 9 of us together. It's the first really "family" picture we've taken since I've been in the family! I'm hoping we got at least one good one. Erin was NOT being cooperative!
It was a tiring weekend with Aunt Mimi's party on Friday night and then the Mize Christmas on Saturday! But it was a very fun weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment