Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Herbie the Possessed Tahoe…

It’s been a crazy week and it’s only Tuesday.

My truck as a problem.  I’ll be driving down the road and the back liftgate will open on it’s own.  It doesn’t come all the way open but it unlocks and you have to get out of the truck to manually close it.  It’s fully automatic, so when you do it it clicks again and then reopens.  Very frustrating.  It’s been happening off and on since I was rear ended by the crazy guy but when I would take it in to have it inspected they could never duplicate it at the shop.  They would look at me like I was crazy.

Because of the auto locks on the truck and the auto liftgate it’s all related.  For the last few days it would go crazy and the lights would go off and on and the bell would ring and the locks go up and down really fast about 30 times in a row.  It was just too much and getting dangerous so I called someone we use at work. 

The guy came out today and the first thing he asked me was if it was ever hit in the back.  I told him it was but that they replaced the bumper and didn’t work on the liftgate.  He said it didn’t matter.  The module in the door itself was probably damaged in the accident and knocked loose.  Over time, it’s gotten worse.  He hooked it up to his machine and told me he would order the part.  It was going to cost us $350 bucks so I called State Farm to have them reopen the claim. 

After discussions with the Claim Rep, I got them to cover it.  So they ordered the part and it should be here on fixed on Thursday.

There was no way we could take that noise all the way to San Antonio this weekend or on the FL trip next month.  I would have to jump out the window if I had to hear that beeping over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment