Thursday, July 31, 2014

Speak Up…

 

Erin failed her hearing test last week at the doctor.  Dr. Elahee-White thought it was because of fluid behind her eardrums.  We were on a weeks worth of decongestants and went back yesterday for a follow up appointment and test.

The results came back worse than the first test.  So, she failed again.

Dr. Elahee-White didn’t seem overly concerned.  She said the test is hard for some 4 year olds because it requires concentration.  (Something Erin has the ability to do, only if it’s something she wants to do.)  So, we got another referral to Texas Children’s Hospital for an appointment with an ENT.

I called Texas Children’s and they said she has to have a hearing test in a sound proof booth first.  She will have that appointment there and then immediately follow it up with an appointment with the ENT doctor.  Thankfully, all this can be done at the Texas Children’s Hospital branch in The Woodlands rather than having to go downtown.

Part of me wonders if this is why Erin is so loud.  If the poor baby can’t hear well, then I’ve been shushing her all this time when I shouldn’t have been.  (Mommy guilt for sure!)  Tommy thinks she hears just fine and that she’s just loud like me.  Hopefully  he’s right.  It’s the low pitches she has the most trouble with.

I’ll update when we have our appointment.  For now, we just sit back and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment