Another WAM vacay is in the books. This was the little trip to San Antonio to go to SeaWorld.
Role Call:
Tommy, Angela & Erin
Matthew, Amy & William
Daddy & Momma
Stephanie, Bonnie, Jake & Luke
Lee & Lois
Wade, Bridgette, Will & Julia
Curtis, Krista & Evan met us there.
We left at near dawn on Friday morning. We were not 2 miles from our subdivision when Erin piped up from the back “Are we almost there yet Daddy”. I can’t believe we’ve hit that age so quickly. I think she asked it again no less that 50 times.
There were also 3 unexpected/unplanned stops to go pee pee. It took us 4.5 hours to make a 3.5 hour trip!
We checked into the hotel and then grabbed something to eat. We met up at 1:00 at the Park and the herd moved out. We ended up going in different directions, but all saw each other along the way. The Tommy Mize and Wistner battalions cut to Aquatica on Friday too. We didn’t see any shows at SeaWorld. We did ride some of the kiddie rides, but that was the extent of our SW excursion.
The next day was Aquatica all day. Matt arranged cabanas for us again this year. (I had great pictures of them but they were deleted – see previous post!) This year they were on a beachy location and we had sand everywhere!!!
Erin hit the water running. I made her get out to take a “rest” and get a snack a couple of times and you would have thought I was killing her. We rode a “big” water slide ride twice and each time she wanted to do it again. Of course, both times were in line I asked her before if she had to go to the bathroom and she said she didn’t. We get halfway up the line and she has to go. Nice! I wouldn’t say we stayed in one area for long. We were all over that park. We did the Lazy River a couple of times, but Erin likes to swim along instead of ride in a tube. The current carries her pretty fast, so I have to run in the water right behind her. Not much of a Lazy River!
There is so much for kids to do at this park. There is a giant splash thing in one section. My complaint with it is that it’s 3 stories tall and 2 sided. I had to get on one side and Tom on the other to watch her. We were giving hand signals to each other to keep up with her. I lost her at one point and had to climb up there. We came down and I was explaining why I needed to be able to see her and she told me she understood but she was just hiding from me! I was a nervous wreck on that thing. There were big kids running around. One of them ran into Erin at the top of the concrete stairs on the 3rd story and she almost fell. That was the end of that. I took her off and we went somewhere else.
Will & Jules wanted to go the Wave Pool at one point so we went with them. I thought Erin might be intimidated by the number of people in the pool and the size of the waves. I was wrong. She was jumping and diving under the waves and when they would get her I was just picking her up. She would cough up water then want right back down. I felt like the US Goalie right behind her. She’s so small that the waves were bringing her right back to me.
I can honestly say that my kid does not have an ounce of fear. The other kids (except Will and Julia) were scared on some of the rides and slides. Erin was fearless and laughed thru the whole thing. Most of the time at the bottom she would ask to do it again. The fear factor is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. She’s so independent that she runs off to do something before you can catch her. She’s really quick. She’ll jump into any pool with reckless abandon. She’ll ride any ride she’s tall enough to ride and she will slide any slide that she can get on. I think she took at least 10 years off my life this weekend at any given point! I can’t be too surprised at her reaction to Parks. I am the same way. I’m pretty much game for anything as well.
Amy, Lee and I rode the biggest ride there. We were in the tube and for once I didn’t go down the big drop backwards. This time Amy was the lucky winner. We actually became airborne on the drop. It was terrifying and great at the same time. Lee’s neck was stiff and hurting prior to the ride. She said when we went airborne she left it pop and she was cured. I recommend that ride to fight narcolepsy and to help with chiropractic issues. Works like a charm!
All in all it was a great adventure. And the best part is that we’re going back in September! Woo Hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment