I finally got my truck fixed this week. It was crazy. I would be driving down the road and lights would start flashing and the bell inside would ding. The door locks would go up and down and the rear life gate would open. It was like I won the lottery with all the celebrating!!!
It has been doing this off and on for years. I’ve had it in the shop twice and they couldn’t diagnose it. They acted like I was crazy. Tommy thought I was crazy too until it happened to him while he was driving.
It’s steadily gotten worse, and the other day I couldn’t drive w/o it happening over and over. It was driving me crazy, literally.
We have guys at work that know cars so I went and talked to one of them. We made a phone call to one of our vendors and the first thing the man asked was whether it was a Chevy. Turns out, my problem isn’t that unusual in Chevrolets.
They sent a tech out the next day. The first thing he asked me was whether or not it had ever been hit the rear. It was hit 4 years ago by that crazy road rage fella. He said it was probably one of the little modulators in the door handle. He replaced the handle and off he went.
I got into the car that night and started it up. All be darn if it didn’t do it again. The next morning I called them and they came back out yesterday. Turns out there was a cut wire in the door. It was likely done when they repaired the damage to the rear of my truck. It was hitting the metal and shorting out. It apparently fried the door handle, so it was going to have to be replaced anyway.
Now I’m all fixed up. No more lottery! (Probably the closest I’ll ever come to winning the lottery anyway!)
No comments:
Post a Comment