Monday, July 7, 2014

New Computer…

Call me my own personal Geek Squad, but my computer blew up.  I took it to Best Buy and they did a diagnostic on it and the hard drive was dying with no way to fix it.  The best I can tell is that it was struck by lightning when we had the power surges last week.  I didn’t have it plugged into a surge protector.  Lesson learned the hard way…kind of…this is the 2nd time it’s happened to me!

I took it apart by myself like MacGyver instead of paying the Best Buy guys.  I replaced the hard drive and was surprised at how easy it was.  I was putting the restore disc back on and finishing up when the battery started beeping loudly.  It beeped a couple of times then the whole thing ended up blowing up again. 

So, I’m blogging from a new computer.  We decided to stop the bleeding and just buy a new one.  Luckily, we had a small insurance policy on it, so the cost of a new one was partially paid for.  I highly recommend this to anyone who has a Homeowner’s Policy.  I added a Personal Articles Policy to it and it cost me about $25.00 a year.  Money well spent.

I debated on a Mac, but just can’t make the leap.  I’m sure I would like it, but I’m a PC girl.  I have a PC at work and was afraid it would be too much of a change at home to switch to a Mac.  Millions of people do it everyday, but I didn’t think I was ready to be one of them.  The new computer is very sleek and slim and it’s got the touch screen and it’s really nice.  Liking it a lot.  Thank you Bill Gates.

One of my friends at work told me about a program to help with Blogging.  I loaded it but couldn’t get it to work with Blogger.  After about 8 hours of off and on trying, I finally figured it out this morning.  I say I figured it out…I changed a bunch of setting and tried it again.  It worked.  I actually have no idea what ACTUALLY made the difference, but something I did in settings changed it and made it possible to Blog from Live Writer.  I’m a hap, hap, happy girl.

Hopefully this makes it easier to blog more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment