Friday, July 18, 2014

It’s My Party…

 

It’s my party and I’ll sing if I want to.

We had pizza delivered to Erin’s class yesterday.  I sent a note home with the kids on Tuesday to tell the parents.  We also brought up 2 dozen cupcakes.  I ended up ordering 5 pizzas because Erin’s class has been combined with another class due to the low attendance during the summer months.  They have double the teachers but double the class size.  I think there were 16 kids and 4 teachers yesterday!

Her teacher, Mrs. Amy, sent me this video of the class singing to Erin.  She looks so proud.  It was obviously AFTER she ate her cupcake because I didn’t send her to school with pink all over her shirt!!!

Mrs. Amy also took this picture for me. 

Party

All told she will have 3 celebrations!  The school party, her real birthday party at Pump It Up, and the small celebration we’ll do on Sunday for her actual birthday.  I honestly don’t know how many kids will be at her party on Saturday.  I invited both classes and some kids out of a 3rd class.  With parties in the summer you just never know.  People are on vacation and some of them just don’t want to come to a party on the weekend. (I certainly don’t blame them!) 

I think the biggest draw for the kids is that it’s at Pump It Up.  Erin loves that place.  We’ll have our own private party gym with 5 or 6 separate bounce houses and slides.  Erin has already asked me about them.  I can’t wait for this party to be over just because I’m getting tired of explaining her birthday day is not today, but X number of days away.  Party countdowns move very slowly when you’re about to turn 4.

More to come from the party!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment